The Chicest Kid on the Block

Thursday 26 June 2014




Hey Guys!

Who doesn't like exciting news round these parts??

Not me - and believe you me, when I heard this gossip a short while ago, I was squealing!
Actually, more accurately, I was swearing :)

One of our most honoured Spoolettes, Sally, has only gone and done it.

Only gone and LAUNCHED A PATTERN COMPANY.

And beyond that, BEYOND THAT, she hasn't launched just one pattern. 

There's SIX - a whole collection!
Now, I don't know about you, but I love a collection.

We all know and love Sally in her CharityShopChic persona. Her skill for transforming everyone else's cast offs into high style pieces is second to none. Even more than this, I have always been in awe of her pattern drafting, which has been showcased especially in her high fashion inspired makes.


The words that have always come to my mind when I think of Sally, and the clothes that she produces, are clean lines, simple elegance and sophistication. Clothes that you would wear with a cocktail in your hand.

And of course the other thing that springs to mind when I think of Sally is cocktails - Fitting therefore that her each piece in her collection is named after a different cocktail! 
I'm sure I've seen each one of them in her hand at one time or another :)


The six patterns are modern, contemporary looks with interesting details inspired by both high fashion and street style. The collection features work wear and cocktail wear, but most of the patterns could transition from day-to-night. Many of them work together to mix and match, and there are lots of pattern variations to sink your teeth into. My favourite is the Martini dress, and I also need to get my hands on the Bellini blouse too! They are aimed intermediate sewists, and those who want to learn some more advanced techniques.

I've seen both Bellini and Martini in person, and can vouch for their brilliance!


The patterns come as downloadable PDF files, but Sally has gone the extra mile to ensure that each of the patterns are printed with minimal pages. That's a detail I'm sure everyone will appreciate! She has also included a copyshop file - and if anyone finds a shop who does them in London, let me know! They are also available in both side of the Atlantic's paper formats :) I've had a sneak peek at the instructions, and they are very detailed, with illustrations for each step.

So what are you waiting for?

There are four more patterns for you to check out!

I hope you will join me in congratulating Sally on all her hard work, and wish her every success for the future! I, for one, am very excited!

So when's the next collection??

LYLT,

Emmie xx


2 comments :

  1. Charity Shop Chic26 June 2014 at 13:27

    HAHAHA check out that picture of me making a killer Margarita for Amy! You're such a great friend, thank you so much for sharing my news. I'm super-excited about this new venture and your support means such a lot xxx

    ReplyDelete

I really adore reading your comments :)

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs